No, I’m not. But I feel famous because my wonderful friend over at No Wine I’m Fine nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! She writes a beautiful blog about recovery and she lives in New Zealand which I think is just super cool. Her blog was one of the first I happened to find when I started my own early in my recovery and I have thoroughly enjoyed her posts and value the connection we have, even if only in this online community. I am so grateful for her continued support and I want to thank her for this nomination!
So…HERE WE GO!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? 🔆
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does it Work? 🔆
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
What are my Questions and Answers? 🔆
- What inspires you to blog? My recovery inspires me to blog. Staying sober and being the best me that I can be is my top priority. I don’t just want to survive, I want to thrive…so I write.
- Who would be three of the top influencers in your life? I would have to say that currently the three people who influence me the most are…my kids (I’m counting them as one even though there are two of them, haha)…Laura McKowen and my therapist.
- Winter or summer? SUMMER! The sunshine is good for my soul.
- What brings you happiness? Sobriety. My babies. Therapy. Yoga. Naps. Reading. Libraries. Fresh flowers. The beach. Intentional random acts of kindness. Writing. Music.
- Where is your favourite place? Why? I have 3 favorite places in the world. The first is in my bed at home. It’s seriously the most comfortable bed EVER. The second is at my local library because I just feel so at peace there. The third is at the beach because it reminds me that the world is bigger than my problems.
- How have you overcome adversity successfully? Have I done this yet? HAHA! Truly though, the only way to overcome adversity is to go through it and sit in the discomfort. I use a lot of positive self-talk and remember to take care of myself during.
- If you got to spend a day with someone, either living or past, who might this be and why? My dad. He passed 3 years ago and I miss him more than words can express.
- How do you see your blog as being part of your life going forward? I will continue to use it as a tool for self-discovery and a way to take care of myself. If I can inspire or give hope to others as well, then that would also make me very happy.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning? My bladder. Seriously though, after battling addiction for nearly 3 years, even at 210 days sober today, I am still in awe of how amazing I feel every morning now and how grateful I am to be living this sober life. That’s what gets me out of bed each morning.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be and why? An owl so I had all the wisdom. 😉
- Your all time favourite blog you’ve written – share the link here: Writing about losing my dad was the most difficult but therapeutic post I’ve written so far.
Now comes the FUN part…
My Nominees: 🔆
- Hurrah for Coffee!
- Stop Drinking Alcohol
- Finding a Sober Miracle
- She Hid Behind the Glass
- Taking a New Path
- A Sober Self
- Brittany Bare
- New Adventures of the Old Me
- You Booze You Lose
- GA Gal Going Dry
- Sober Thought Blog
My questions for Nominees:🔆
- Why did you start your blog?
- You’re about to fall asleep…is it quiet or do you prefer noise to fall asleep to?
- What is your favorite book?
- When is the last time you cried and why?
- What is one experience that completely changed your life? How?
- Who do you go to for advice?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- What advice would you give to your 22 year old self?
- How do you drink your coffee?
- Share the post you’ve written that you’re most proud of by posting a link here:
So much love to all of you out there. We’ve got this.